• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How many meals do you eat a day?

How many meals do you have a day?

• Total voters

laugh

Ex-Bluelighter
a poll would be good. although it is pretty variable in my case depending on the day of the week and what im unto.

lately been trying to put on weight so iv been attempting to get in 5 meals, the three usuals plus brunch and afternoon snack.

im more of a grazer than eating lumps at the usual time though.

Your wish is my command. ;)

I have three meals in a day, but I also have two snacks - generally fruit. :)

Between three and six as it depends what I have going on--If I'm working, usually three, rarely four. If it's the weekend, usually four, sometimes five or six.

My metabolism works very quickly so 3 meals just doesn't provide me with enough energy to pull through the day. On average I am consuming 6-7 meals throughout the day and night which on average totals to 3000-4000 calories per day. If I delay or miss a meal there is a almost immediate onset of fatigue which is eventually followed by exhaustion. It's a hassle eating so much but I remember when I used to eat 3 meals a day and feeling completely tired and lethargic all day and night, never again.

Generally, I eat once or twice a day when I'm out on the road. It's easier on my stomach that way and I don't have to stop every couple of hours to use the restroom.

usually I eat 5 meals a day (including 2 "snacks" if you will). my life is busy so I don't have breakfast really, I have a 500 calorie snack in the morning. then I eat lunch, then snack, then dinner, then another meal of sorts.

6 meals??? What the fuck? That's new to me...

I usually have 3. Sometimes miss out on breakfast though.

a poll would be good. although it is pretty variable in my case depending on the day of the week and what im unto.

lately been trying to put on weight so iv been attempting to get in 5 meals, the three usuals plus brunch and afternoon snack.

If you're trying to put on weight why are you grazing?

I eat 4 small meals most days, some days 3 if I fast til lunch time (once or twice per week).

Search on ecosia.org (or your fave search engine) for "prakriti test", do the questionnaire, then work out which of the 6 tastes(sweet, sour, salty, astringent, bitter and pungent) are most nourishing for you.

You could need as many as 5 during summer(if you're pure vata only from my experience), due to everything being so much faster, but it's winter now and your metabolism is naturaally going to work slower, so eating less meals 2-3 maybe 4 means you're more alert, your body goes into fasting mode and slows your digestive fire down after 4 hours (starts burning fat at 3.5), so you're not going to do anything but stay where you are right now, unless you're eating a lot of meat (if you have trouble putting on weight I would stick to just fish, chicken, game and turkey, but supplement with plenty of dairy, eggs and nuts & seeds). If you have trouble putting on weight chances are you're vata- so during the winter months (vata season), eat plenty of meat (up to 4 days per week), and avoid beef, lamb and especially pork, as they're too hard to digest and you use a lot of energy to burn them up.

Also if you're not in the know already I suggest you research the fundamentals of trophology(food combining) to make your food work for you to super efficiency.

If you're not going to look into either of these, then at least leave 2 hours between meals, and drinking fresh ginger root tea will help you out to keep your irregular (assumption) digestion powering on at a good rate.
Peace

Last edited:
I usually only have one meal a day - I know it's really bad but I've just got the worst eating habits...I never eat breakfast, usually have a huge lunch and then since I had a big lunch I feel guilty about eating dinner so I don't. :(

If you're trying to put on weight why are you grazing?

hence the reason i need to put on weight. eating lumps is now helping me put it on + daily exercise. cutting back on the drugs helps too, and i funnily enough feel much better for it :)

your french originally right? a large lunch is big in france no?

I usually only have one meal a day - I know it's really bad but I've just got the worst eating habits...I never eat breakfast, usually have a huge lunch and then since I had a big lunch I feel guilty about eating dinner so I don't. :(

Having one meal a day isn't bad for you. How you feel about having one meal a day is what's bad for you.

Having one meal a day isn't bad for you. How you feel about having one meal a day is what's bad for you.

I half agree. Only animals in survival mode usually eat one meal per day - in case they can't get anything else the rest of the day or for a few days - but here because of your body type pagey I would suggest 2 meals per day. If you skip breakfast that's cool - that's what your body needs. Just Make your lunch big enough that you are full, but not stuffed, and a light dinner around 7/7:30 PM. If you skip too many meals you will actually keep on the weight you feel guilty about having.

Your body is fucking lush though you're just curvy, so don't stress please.

I've experimented with diet over the years: I was a vegetarian for a year, then I did raw-veganism... for an entire month. After that, I went back to my regular carnivorous ways. I've done the multiple meals a day (mostly as a vegetarian), and I ate three meals a day every day that I was growing up.

Now, though, I usually eat two meals a day. I bartend, so my hours are late to bed, late to rise. I usually wake up around 11am, eat a bagel, eggs and bacon, and a grapefruit. I go for a bike ride (between 10 and 30 miles), then typically eat dinner around 5 or 6.

It doesn't sound healthy, but I'm in the best (physique) shape I've probably ever been.

depends if you count breakfast or not which can be just a hot drink or sometime cereal. apart from that 2 meals usually

How many meals do you have a day?

I've always thought that 3 meals a day was the ideal thing to do, but in the last few years I've heard that you should really have about 6 a day. I find it easier to just have 3, so that's what I do at the moment.

Poll fixed.

When I have food in my house, generally I try to eat up to 3 meals a day, no more. I have an incredibly fast metabolism, so I am constantly snacking on food. However when I don't have any food, I generally only eat once a day. It's hell on my stomach, but hey...you can't eat what you don't have.

I eat a couple major meals with many small meals in between. My metabolism is fast.